SuperLife

SuperLife Members,

I came across this exciting web site as I was searching for more information on aquaponics, hydroponics, organic gardening, and fish farming. I think you will enjoy viewing this web site and discovering the massive amount of helpful information for those who want to change over to green living, and off-the-grid lifestyles.

Mofoowoo, Founder

Check out two video introductions for sustainable off-the-grid living community ideas http://www.sharingsustainablesolutions.org/?page=intro%20vid

Videos I & II. They can also be seen on UTube.com. Filmed by the Founder of Sharing Sustinable Solutions, Mofoowoo.

Becky Novak - offthegridliving.gather.com

Sharing Sustainable Solutions web site

http://www.sharingsustainablesolutions.org/

Winter, 2007-2008

Sharing Sustainable Solutions
is a non-profit, non commercial site to help individuals and communities move towards self-sustainability,self-reliance, and autonomy. It is a nexus point for communities, ecological, appropriate technology, alternative technology, low-tech, mutual cooperation, to meet and share information, ideas, and projects to make living in harmony with nature and one another a reality. To celebrate the ingenious solutions that already abound. To build the vision we long for now.

To become more effective, it depends now on the input of others, to build the kind of information that will help make self-sustainability more and more feasible for more and more people.

The Winter Equinox has come and gone and now the daylight hours will start to grow again and lead us to a glorious Spring. I'm leaving for Brazil tomorrow, Dec. 29th, to visit a friend and to check out 100 ha. of land that he was given totally in nature, surrounded by protected lands. He would like to create a sustainable community there. I'll let you know how it goes.

Try slowing way down sometimes to see how much more conscious you become. I love NVC (www.cnvc.org), the Sloooow Movement, the intentional community movement, and so much more, hope you enjoy the website.

Love, Mofwoofoo, (Founder)

More Information About Us

Nonconfrontational Strategy

Why is it humanity hasn't refined itself to the point where life on a global scale is a paradisiacal experience, brimming with peace, joy, abundance, and connectedness? There may be two root causes. First, the system of capitalism that pervades every corner of the globe, promulgating exploitation and competition, and reducing life to a narrow vision where profit is elevated to the highest value.

Secondly, the existence of sovereign entities (nations, governments, dictatorships, corporations, etc) leads to continuous strife, violence, suffering, and division.

Just as the inherent difficulty implicit in the proverbial belling of the cat, so it is hard to imagine getting rid of these two nemeses.

One non-confrontational strategy is to start building the vision of what we want now, by laying the groundwork and creating the infrastructure. Individuals and communities must start becoming more self-sustainable and mutually cooperative, sharing info and resources thru the internet.

Low-tech sustainable practices are available to everyone.

Organic Vision

Our vision is not dogmatic, but organic, allowing for greater diversity and variety. We encouraged ecentralized, non-sovereign entities, allowing only for the sovereignty of the individual.

Small, autonomous, fluid, relatively self-sustainable, mutually cooperative communities, existing within cities and without. No economy is necessary, people would work at maintaining and upgrading the community that they are in.

Our connectedness must be at the forefront of our consciousness and activities resulting in real freedom and groups using consensus to reach decisions.

http://www.sharingsustainablesolutions.org/?page=About〈=2

Comment:

I hope you enjoyed the Sharing Sustainable Solutions web site as much as I have and you will continue to read and explore all the possibilities for sustainable lifestyle changes that are available to everyone now. We owe it to ourselves to live in peace and harmony with nature, and each other.

Becky Novak - www.offthegridliving.gather.com

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

Hi All!

In the spirit of Matangi, I want to install the philosophy of both reuse before ever contemplating recycle, and most of all working with what already is, in the sense of permaculture. I find that Cuba is one of our great examples of how to reuse what we have, making the best of reuse. Since the embargo their nation has been put in a position to reuse what they have, because a throw away culture is not possible for them. They can't get new stuff! I would love to hear ideas about how we can use all this waste plastic, metals, and such in a way that requires little re-manufacturing and can be used in ways to help the earth. I also don't like the idea of using old tires for earth ships, looking at other alternatives.
Be !!!
Kunga
Hi, Kunga

Permaculture. That's a new term for me. It's a good topic for survivalists, green living, and sustainability. Although there are some purists that wouldn't keep plastics around, use them, or reuse them, but aren't they the minority (?) There are many practical uses for plastics I can think of. Since the stuff has already been created, and it doesn't decompose, or break down by natural means, except for burning it (which adds toxic fumes to the atmosphere) we might as well find some kind of practical use for plastics.

As for reuse of rubber tires, there is a great use for them, and the best example is for resurfacing roads. In the Scandinavian countries, tires are ground up and combined with an adhesive to replace road surfaces. The new roads are safer to drive on, and have longer durability, they do not crack, get water damage, and they have better traction allowing for faster stopping ranges. I vote to reuse tires for America's roads, and they could cut down on the use of petroleum products for road resurfacing (I think) unless the adhesive is made from petroleum products. (?)

Any more suggestions for reuse of these materials?
I know there is little manufactured these days that is not a petroleum product. I was wondering what the process entailed in the re-manufacturing of tires used to pave roads. Like the 5 to 10 times increase of water and electricity required to recycle plastic or paper products. Ways that actually cause more damage to be reused than what it's original manufacture required. Going without is certainly the first step with this. There is also using "trash" for bio mass in adobe walls of homes. Good as long as it doesn't burn.

I honestly feel we can't stop the damage, we can only slow down the process.

K

RSS

Why Sign Up? See video:

Links to Member Content

Groups | Videos | Blogs
Forum | Photos

Sponsored Links

test

© 2021   Created by Dick Samson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service