Structural engineer and materials scientist Judy Wood says the two leading theories of the World Trade Center's Destruction on 9/11 fail to fit key facts. Neither the official theory (airplane impact and fire did it) nor the leading alternative "conspiracy" theory (controlled demolition did it) explain key evidence that she presents.
This evidence includes --
- Destruction of several WTC buildings not hit by airplanes or significant debris.
- Extreme dustification versus evidence of collapse.
- Paper unburned near heavy metalic objects, such as cars and trucks, with destruction like that caused by fire or extreme heat.
- Cars and trucks destroyed in strange ways, inconsistent with heat damage or impact: for example,engine blocks and door handles "melted away" with body areas intact on the same vehicle.
- Seismic readings much fainter than would be expected from the towers' debris hitting the earth.
Only a new theory can explain the odd collection of facts, she claims. However, the one she presents seems incredible and has disturbing implications.
Dr. Judy D. Wood is a mechanical engineer with a Ph.D. in Materials Engineering Science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia.